Problem with sidebar content location

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Problem with sidebar content location

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kichigai 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kichigai

I was away for several weeks and nothing was done to my wife’s blog during my absence except that WordPress apparently updated twice. Coming back to the blog now and I am having a problem with the side bar that did not previously exist and I can not figure out how to correct it.

I am using NewsPro as the theme and what is happening is that the content of the side bar rather than showing at the top of the page as it used to (5+ weeks ago) one now has to scroll down to the end of the text on any page in order to see the sidebar content – this makes no sense to me and I can not find where to go to correct this. Could it be that I have to go into the CSS or PHP code to resolve this?

The website is sixlegswilltravel

Any suggestions on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Simon

AC
    Blocked

I see the sidebar just fine. What browser are you using?

kichigai

I am using Google Chrome version 34.0.1847.116 on a MacBook Pro.

After your comment I went into Safari and it displayed fine.

Can you tell me what browser and version you are using – seems like it may be an issue with Chrome rather than WordPress

Thank you for sharing with me your observations.

Simon

AC
    Blocked

It looks fine for me in Firefox, Chrome and IE. What is your screen resolution on Chrome? Do you have it set to 100%?

kichigai

Thank you so much for your additional observations. You were absolutely right about screen magnification. I can’t tell what is the current status but when I hit the cmd+ combination one time everything fell into place and then as a test I went back with cmd- and it was out of wack again. And there I was spending hours going through every menu item in WordPress looking for a solution.

Really appreciate your assistance in resolving this

Simon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.