Problems with Genesis 2.0 RC1

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Problems with Genesis 2.0 RC1

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kletcetera 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kletcetera
    Participant

has anyone install the new Genesis 2.0 beta release? I have a few days ago and my site isn’t displayed properly. Blog url is http://www.pwnfitess.com

After the update the content is to the far left and the sidebar is to the far right with a gap between the two. Instead of having content and sidebar next to each other in the center, with some space on each side just like on every other blog.

http://www.pwnfitness.com

David Chu
    Participant

Yup,
    That’s a known problem. They stripped off the .wrap class around the inner content area in this release. The first block is in your CSS. The 2nd block has the correction you’ll need. (they did include that bit in the latest 2.0 RC1 Sample theme).

[css]
    .wrap {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 1140px;
    }

.site-inner, .wrap {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 1140px;
    }
    [/css]

My suggestion: if you’re going to use 2.0 betas and RC’s on a live site (I’m not), you’d better hang out on Twitter, hashtag #GenesisWP. That’s where the bad news comes out fastest. Else you’ll be bleeding on the bleeding edge. :)

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

mmjaeger
    Participant

I ran into the same issue and honestly, I don’t understand why Studiopress not just adds a .wrap class to the .site-inner class – that way it would be more consistent.

IanP
    Participant

I’m running genesis beta on a test site. Trying to upload G2 RC1 produces an error. (directory already exists). It won’t overwrite it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  IanP. Reason: typo
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  IanP. Reason: typo

kletcetera
    Participant

Thx David! works perfectly, although it changed my background a bit but I can fix this myself some day that I’m not lazy. Also thanks for the advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.