Profile photo in primary sidebar eleven40 theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Profile photo in primary sidebar eleven40 theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  holligoly 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

belobradic

Hi there,
    I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to have my profile photo appear at the top of the sidebar on the right in the eleven40 theme, just like it does in the demo site.

Would I just use the html box? I want to be able to say “About Mike” or something above a photo of me, and then have a couple of lines of bio below the photo. Not sure how to do that the best way.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks very much,
    Mike

http://www.1923mainstreet.com/blog

http://www.1923mainstreet.com/blog

AC
    Blocked

Have you tried dragging over your Genesis User Profile Widget? The demo is set up just using a text widget.

belobradic

I looked at the Text widget, but not sure you can (or how to) put a photo in it. It seems to be a headline and then a box for text. So in the demo there is a headline, then the profile photo, and then a short bio below that. I now wonder if there is a Widget made for this that someone may know about?
    Thanks,
    Mike

AC
    Blocked

Did you try the Genesis User Profile widget as I instructed above?

belobradic

I looked at the Genesis User Profile widget, but it says it displays the user profile with my Gravatar. My Gravatar is my logo, not my photo, so that is not what I am looking for. Good thought though :) I know there must be another way to achieve this so I will hunt around a bit more. Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it.

AC
    Blocked

Download and install the Simple Local Avatars. It should override the Gravatar image. You can then go to your profile and upload what you want.

holligoly
    Participant

I have a similar problem. I am trying to get my image show up in the Genesis user profile widget. I don’t know where to link my pic.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  holligoly.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.