Prose Mobile display

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Prose Mobile display

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tylerholloway 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tylerholloway
    Participant

I’m having a bit of trouble when it comes to displaying my site tylerholloway.net on mobile devices.  I am using the Prose child theme, and also have Jetpack enabled.  For some reason, my individual posts display well, but the homepage will not use a mobile format.  On an iPhone, this ends up cutting off a good deal of the text.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

dev
    Participant

I see how it looks on http://www.studiopress.com/responsive/

Have you disabled Jetpack and tried it? Perhaps some other plugins you might be using?

tylerholloway
    Participant

Just disabled Jetpack, which should be the only mobile theme plugin on the site.  No change.

Still only the homepage and then any categories (e.g., book reviews) that seem to be having issues

dev
    Participant

Lots of plugins can screw up responsiveness.

Do you have any others on the site? If so, disable them.

Try this at the end of your css:

#inner {
    width: 100%;
    }

Look at your CSS (or generated CSS via “inspect element.” Anytime you see width: xxxpx; you have killed responsiveness as that section of the screen won’t resize.

tylerholloway
    Participant

I deactivated all of my plugins, still didn’t solve the issue.  Also couldn’t find xxpx in the CSS anywhere, though its possible I missed it.

When I re-activate Jetpack, every post including the homepage works fine for a while.  Then for some reason the homepage stops working and the same issue shows back up.  Is there a way to get the Prose code on the homepage to stop overriding the Jetpack mobile theme?  That seems to be the way to go, since its already working everywhere but the homepage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.