Prose sidebar and content area css help request

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Prose sidebar and content area css help request

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dbuxton
    Participant

I am looking at helping an old client move her site to WordPress. She is trying to do it on the cheap for now. I am using the Prose theme. I would like the white content area to cover 3/4 of the current area and the sidebar to take up the rest. I want no space between sidebar and content area. Also the sidebar should have 5px on the left and the content area should have 5px on the right. ( I have been playing with the layout so you can see here: http://debbiebuxton.com/_wp/)

I have set up the following custom css, but think I am missing something. She likes the site a fixed width which I know is not great iPads, etc., but  will deal with that another time.

.content-sidebar #content,
    .sidebar-content #content {
    width: 75%;
    padding: 15px;
    background: #ffffff;
    }

.sidebar {
    display: inline;
    float: left;
    font-size: 14px;
    padding: 10px;
    width: 18%;
    margin: 0;
    background: #e79f55;
    }

.sidebar .widget {
    margin: 0 10px 50px;
    padding: 0;
    }

.entry-content {
    margin: 0 10px 25px;
    }

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

d

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi D,

I think if you calculate the widths in pixels instead of percentages it may be easier to get the look right and see what’s going on.

Also, it looks like you’ve got a script minifying the CSS output so if it’s not refreshing than your changes might not be showing.

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.