Prose Theme Blog Page Title

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Prose Theme Blog Page Title

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dbuxton
    Participant

Hi there,

I have been trying to get a page title and some content before the blog posts on this blog page: http://holistichorsekeeping.com/_hh/blog/

I have tried creating a blog_page.php template that has this info:

<?php
    /**
    * Template Name: Blog Title
    * This file handles blog post listings within a page.
    * @package Genesis
    */

add_action(‘genesis_loop’, ‘genesis_standard_loop’, 8);

genesis();

Any other words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Thanks,
    Deb

http://holistichorsekeeping.com/_hh/blog/

braddalton
    Participant

You could use code like this:

Or you could even add a custom widget which only outputs before your blog page loop:

Note: Custom PHP code should be pasted into your Custom Code box. Otherwise, try at the end of the lib/init.php file.

dbuxton
    Participant

Okay maybe I am not understanding this fully or haven’t explain well enough. On the subject page (which is created as a page), I want the title of the page (as it shows in WordPress) to show up on the page, then I want to be able to put content on the page and have it show before the posts.

I did try adding your first suggestion to my custom code, but doesn’t look like it made any difference. Thank you though for the quick response.

I am going to walk away for the night and hopefully things will jsut start working magically in the morning. :-)

Deb

braddalton
    Participant

My understanding of what you want is to display content before your posts are listed on the blog page.

Note: Custom PHP code should be pasted into your Custom Code box as Prose is different from other themes. Otherwise, try adding the code at the end of the lib/init.php file.

You can also change the hook location to display your content eslewhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.