Prose Theme – Can't find some settings (image)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Prose Theme – Can't find some settings (image)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  middayminer 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

middayminer
    Participant

Hey guys, started building a blog for the first time tonight and not surprisingly there are some things I can’t figure out. Here’s my labelled screenshot with the questions: http://i.imgur.com/WgpZDLB.png

I forgot to ask in there, are the two sidebars supposed to vary in width normally like that or is there something I’m missing?

Finally is it me or does my color scheme sort of look like it was made for a toothpaste company, instead of a blog that’s soon to take the world by storm? :)

• This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  middayminer.
    • This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  middayminer.

pxforti
    Participant

Regarding sidebar widths, it’s possible yours are styled to be different widths. You can change that in the css, but that can be tricky, especially with a responsive theme.

RE author link: http://my.studiopress.com/docs/shortcode-reference/#post-author-posts-link-shortcode

Look at the different between [post_author_link] and [post_author_posts_link]

Finally, the line in your left column are formatted in your style.css.

writeNowDesign
    WordPress and Ecommerce Website Design

middayminer
    Participant

Thanks for that link pxforti, it worked! Now the link doesn’t go to author archives though, I take it there’s no way to have that AND switch the login name for the author with the displayed nick? I can get around this with tags I guess, but I’m here to learn. :)

Regarding the border lines below each widget, can I get more detailed instructions for the css? I don’t know why Prose doesn’t have this when it clearly allowed me to style the border below each sidebar headline.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.