Purchased a theme for the first time Moder Port having trouble

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Purchased a theme for the first time Moder Port having trouble

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matthew 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Matthew
    Participant

Hello all.  I purchased a theme from Studiopress for the first time, Modern Portfolio.  I already have Genesis but I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the dark bars/bands across the different sections of the page like in the DEMO.

I had a list of pages when I imported the theme and it did not work.  Then I removed all the pages and added a new home page and still nothing.  I am crazy or something.  I am pulling my hair out can not figure out what I am missing a setting or something.  Please help.  Thanks

braddalton
    Participant

You need to be using the home page as your blog page so the reading settings are default.

If you select a static page to use as your front page, it won’t work. Only works on the home page.

Follow the setup instructions for the theme to setup your homepage.

Matthew
    Participant

brad, wow the wonders you find when you actually read the first few paragraphs in the instructions.  I was scanning and missed that all together.

I did remove it and everything else and reimport it and found the home page widgets too.  I was not seeing those.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Purchased a theme for the first time Moder Port having trouble’ is closed to new replies.