Putting a customized background on my theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Putting a customized background on my theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  asmallbizlife 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

asmallbizlife
    Participant

I am trying to put in a custom background on my webpage and I am having trouble properly fitting in that background. Does anyone know how I can fit my background to my webpage so the gradient is fully visible on the webpage? Or even make the background so it is responsive to the screen the webpage is being viewed on?

My URL is http://www.asmallbizlife.com

Thank you!

Diane Kinney
    Participant

How tall is your gradient image currently?  My first suggestion would be to make it 600 or 700 pixels high and fade it to a solid color at the bottom, and set that color as the background.

Need more help? Find me on Twitter @gidgetthegeek

Lisa at OG
    Participant

And for the width I would make it about 1850px wide to allow for a larger screen and then fade it out to left and right to a solid color as Diane has suggested for height. Just remember that on smaller screens part of your image will not be visible. An alternative would be to add repeat to the background code in CSS. Hope this helps.

asmallbizlife
    Participant

Thank You! I appreciate your help! I will try that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.