Quattro change grid

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Quattro change grid

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

KarenLeighBurton
    Participant

Ok. so while I’m not a php expert – I know enough to be dangerous.

here is the grid loop helper in home.php in quattro

remove_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘genesis_do_loop’ );
    add_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘quattro_grid_loop_helper’ );
    /** Add support for Genesis Grid Loop */
    function quattro_grid_loop_helper() {

if ( function_exists( ‘genesis_grid_loop’ ) ) {
    genesis_grid_loop( array(
    ‘features’ => 0,
    ‘feature_image_size’ => 0,
    ‘feature_image_class’ => ‘alignleft post-image’,
    ‘feature_content_limit’ => 0,
    ‘grid_image_size’ => ‘grid-thumbnail’,
    ‘grid_image_class’ => ‘alignnone’,
    ‘grid_content_limit’ => 250,
    ‘more’ => __( ‘[Continue reading]‘, ‘genesis’ ),
    ‘cat’ => ’4′,
    ‘posts_per_page’ => 2,
    ) );
    } else {
    genesis_standard_loop();
    }

}

I’ve assigned a category – it won’t pull in the correct category, I’ve asked it only to display 2 posts, its still pulling in 10 – I’ve tried changing in the genesis >>theme settings as well as in the regular settings…

Personally I’d like to remove the blog COMPLETELY from the homepage – but I don’t know how to do that. Site is not live at the moment so I can’t post a link.

Anita
    Participant

Under category – remove that last comma – I was looking at some other code with this same line of code and it doesn’t appear to have a comma at the end.

Also I read somewhere about that issue with the 10 posts. Go to Settings > Reading and change the number to the number 5 and see if that works. I saw others saying when you put 5 it works.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Anita
    Participant

This is what I was looking at – http://wpsmith.net/category/genesis-grid-loop/.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

KarenLeighBurton
    Participant

if i remove the comma I get some fatal error, but I’ll try again as the article you linked is different than one I was working with. (thank you) and I’ve tried setting the number of posts in a few different places, I’m wondering if something is being called wrong somewhere else and I just don’t know enough php to read it/find it.

Anita
    Participant

ugghh, maybe that’s just a typo on Travis’ post. I will keep looking. I know I saw others with the same issue getting the correct number of posts to show up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.