Quattro responsive troubles

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Quattro responsive troubles

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MelonBird

I’m working with Quattro on a test installation, and I’ve added a custom menu to the header right widget. It looks great in the desktop version, but there are two problems in the responsive views as shown in Studiopress’ responsive test view.

(1) The header right custom menu disappears on mobile screens. I know this didn’t happen with another theme I tested. I reloaded the original Quattro stylesheet to see if my customizations were the culprit, but it still left out the header right widget content. I’m wondering if maybe this one isn’t designed to show the right header widget, and if so, I hope someone can help me figure out how to make it do so. I love the theme, but I’m using that widget for my main menu.

(2) My site logo expands beyond the size of the device screens. The really strange thing is, I made it 230 pixels, smaller than the smallest width device, and still it goes off the side.

Thanks in advance!

http://runmysites.com/wptesting/

MelonBird

Argh, please ignore problem #1. I just realized the header right widget doesn’t scale according to the text size people specify with browsers – the primary nav does, so I’ll have to use it, and it works great in the responsive view.

However, the logo is still spilling off the edge of smaller phones, so I would still appreciate advice on that! That problem also was not fixed when I replaced my modified stylesheet with the original one.

MelonBird

Okay, sorry, I wish this had an edit function. I do still need help with getting the header right to show – I’m going to put social icons in it, so it does need to be available on phones.

nutsandbolts

The issue seems to be the max-height set on your header – if I resize my browser for mobile and increase the max-height in Chrome’s Inspector, I can see the header right widget area. Hopefully that helps!

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

MelonBird

Thank you, Andrea! It sure did. I found another way to make the header skinny without affecting the responsive view badly.

nutsandbolts

Glad you got it worked out! I’m going to mark this topic as resolved but feel free to open a new one if you need to. :)

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.