Question about Executive Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Question about Executive Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

carolin

I am contemplating buying the Executive theme for a project —
    but hope someone who has used it may have the answer to a question I have to see if it will do what I need —

The demo site seems to pull the top text that is on the side of the slider images from a Post.
    I am wondering if it might be possible to pull this text snippet from a Page instead of a Post.

The particular situation I have with this client project would not work well if I have to use a Post for that feature — need this sort of look where I can use a Page to bring in the data.

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    That looks, to me, like the regular Genesis Responsive Slider, styled up in a nice way. That slider will show Pages or Posts. I don’t have Executive myself, but it’s one of the nicer Genesis themes. If you want a definitive answer, contact Studiopress directly. (this is freebie support).

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

carolin

Dave … that is good info in that you are telling me there is a “regular Genesis responsive slider” that will show either pages or posts — I was not aware of that information and perhaps that slider might be useful for me on even a different Genesis theme.

I am new to Genesis and finding my way through the tools it offers and how I can use them.

Thanks much.

David Chu
    Participant

Absolutely. But it’s only for Genesis.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-responsive-slider/

And, just like with any slider, it’s possible that its appearance may slightly vary from what you would like to see. If so, one can adjust the look if you have CSS skills, or if you can cajole some nice person into helping you with them.

Good luck,
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.