Question reguarding a new client who's using your themes.

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Question reguarding a new client who's using your themes.

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  furysting 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

furysting

Hello,

I recently took on a client to do an upgrade and site hardening after they were hacked.

They are running WordPress 3.4.2 with Genesis 1.7.1 and Agent Press 2.

I am planning to upgrade them to WordPress 3.8 and wondering if there are any compatibility issues and whether I need to upgrade their version of Genesis past 1.8.2

I’m not sure if the client purchased your Agent Press theme directly of if another developer did but I’m sure they would not have an issue upgrading if there is a new version of Agent Press that is fully backward compatible with the data and pages they have built with their existing version.

any info you could give me would be most helpful. This is the first time I have worked on a site using a Studio Press Theme. And I am not seeing a lot of compatibility info on the site for the current version of wordpress on these specific themes.

Thank you,
    John Geiger

http://theintowners.com

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Yes, the Genesis framework needs to be updated to 2.0.1, which is the latest version. There will be no compatibility issues with WordPress 3.8, and there shouldn’t be any with the child theme – Genesis child themes are just skins that change the look of the site. All the functionality is contained within the framework, making it safe to keep everything up to date without worrying about losing customizations. Hope that helps!

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

furysting

Ok great thanks for the information. I will talk to the client and see if they purchased the framework themselves so they can get the upgrade.

I have heard good things about the Genesis framework, I’m excited to work with it.

Thanks,
    John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.