Questions about the new Lifestyle Pro theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Questions about the new Lifestyle Pro theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

chantal2012
    Participant

Hi everyone….I have been using Lifestyle for years now and was pretty excited to see that it had recently been updated to being mobile responsive. I am in the process of re-designing my site, but I find that the Lifestyle Pro theme is getting to be a little frustrating. The code is completely different (because it’s mobile responsive I’m assuming) and here is where I am having some difficulty….I can’t seem to find the width of the wrap, content area or sidebar in pixels…it just says width is 100%. I want to be able to set my content and sidebar to specific widths. Is it possible to disable the mobile responsive feature? I really don’t care if my site is mobile responsive….also, I will have to learn more about mobile responsive design because some clients are asking for it….can anyone recommend a good learning point?

Thanks
    Chantal

Robin
    Participant

If you use firebug and hover over the elements, the sizes of those areas are indicated.

To remove the responsive aspect of the theme, locate the section in your style css titled:

/*
    Media Queries

and remove the entire section. Your theme will no longer be responsive.

These two posts will give you a good starting point for responsive design. Each has additional resources at the end of the post.

http://www.studiopress.com/design/website-respond-mobile-devices.htm

http://www.studiopress.com/design/flexible-grid.htm

Hope that helps a bit.

Need help customizing your website? Let me know at RKW Media.

I’m taking up The Challenge by answering some of the Unanswered Posts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.