Receiving Warnings on Genesis/Lifestyle

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Receiving Warnings on Genesis/Lifestyle

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

studythecode
    Participant

I am in untreated waters and have no idea how to handle this.  Everything has been working great until last night and when I try to add or edit a page, I get the following warnings:

Warning:  scandir(/home/tristate/public_html/louisianabca.com/wp-content/themes/genesis) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/tristate/public_html/louisianabca.com/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 980

Warning:  scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 13): Permission denied in /home/tristate/public_html/louisianabca.com/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 980

Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tristate/public_html/louisianabca.com/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 983

Warning:  Cannot modify header information – headers already sent
    by (output started at
    /home/tristate/public_html/louisianabca.com/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php:980)
    in /home/tristate/public_html/louisianabca.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

I have no idea how to fix this.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Susan

Read this tutorial:  http://designsbynickthegeek.com/tutorials/site-recovery-tips-and-tricks

scroll down to:

Error in Child Theme Edit
    The Problem:

You were making a change to your theme and now everything is broken. These errors fall into several classes, but the most common are bad php, mixing html with php, and “header already sent.”

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

AC
    Blocked

Try checking out this discussion. It might be that you have malware on your site.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-antivirus-get-an-unusual-error?replies=9

Robin
    Participant

Getting the same thing on Innovative theme. When I activate the TwentyTen theme, it is fine but when I reactivate this theme, I get this message also. Did a FRESH install of WP 3.5.1 and did a FRESH install of Genesis 1.9. Did a FRESHinstall of Innovative and still get this messge..

Warning: scandir(/home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-content/themes/genesis) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 980

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 13): Permission denied in /home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 980

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 983

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php:980) in /home/content/50/9072750/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

AC
    Blocked

You installed a fresh install and the latest Genesis. You didn’t install any plugins. Just the install, Genesis and the theme itself… is this correct?

Robin
    Participant

Wanted to update this for my fix just in case someone missed my other post.

Called Godaddy and they reset the permissions on my hosting account and said it could take from one hour to 24 hours, but it fixed it in 5 minutes.

Hopefully, this can help someone else.

Robin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Receiving Warnings on Genesis/Lifestyle’ is closed to new replies.