Recent Posts From Category

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Recent Posts From Category

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi, wondered if anyone could help with this. Am trying to show a list of the 3 latest posts, excluding category 6, however my $projects array is not working. ie The posts are displayed but are not limited to 3 and category 6 is not being excluded.

////* 45: Add [recent_projects] shortcode */
    function ff_recent_projects_list() {
    echo ‘<ul>';
    $projects = array( ‘numberposts’ => 3, ‘exclude’ => 6 );
    $recent_projects= wp_get_recent_posts( $projects );
    foreach( $recent_projects as $recent ){
    echo ‘<li><a href=”‘ . get_permalink($recent[“ID”]) . ‘” title=”Look ‘.$recent[“post_title”].'” >’ .   $recent[“post_title”].'</a> </li> ‘;
    echo ‘</ul>';
    return ob_get_clean();
    add_shortcode( ‘recent_projects’, ‘ff_recent_projects_list’ );

Hi! I’m working through the older unanswered posts today. As this thread is over three months old, I hope you have been able to get a resolution to your question. If not, can you please check in, and I will get it escalated for you.

Susan @ One Happy Studio I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Hi Susan,

Best of luck with the unanswered posts! Unfortunately I haven’t had a response so any help would be appreciated.

You can use the blog page template on the home page using the Reading Settings and exclude posts from any categories using the Genesis > Theme Settings > Blog Page Template.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.