Recommendations for Hosting

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Recommendations for Hosting

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

SoFlaDesigner
    Participant

Would like recommendations for hosting a StudioPress site. My current hosting company is not supporting us as they once did. Any suggestions?

nutsandbolts

I would highly recommend Big Scoots Hosting. They aren’t owned by EIG like many of the big hosts (Hostgator, Bluehost, FatCow, JustHost, HostMonster, etc.) and they have excellent tech support and customer service. I’m not an affiliate, just a fan of the way they’ve handled issues for several of my clients. Their 100cc shared plan is perfect for most websites.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

SoFlaDesigner
    Participant

Wow! You just happened to zero in on the company I’m using in your list. Thank you! I’ll check out Big Scoots Hosting.

nutsandbolts

Yeah, it’s a bad situation… EIG is this huge corporation buying up all the hosting companies, and every time they buy one, the support goes to crap really quickly (and the servers start going down constantly). For anyone else who might come across this thread, here’s the list of all the hosting companies now owned by EIG: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

mrhiking
    Participant

Thanks Andrea! I just signed up with Big Scoots today. The CS was amazing. They are currently migrating my hosting over. I’ll report back once it’s done.

nutsandbolts

So glad it’s been a good experience so far! Many of my clients have moved there and they all love the service. Crossing fingers that the migration goes smoothly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.