Reducing the space between the header/nav and body

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Reducing the space between the header/nav and body

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ozzy 1 year ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

lianam
    Participant

Hello! I was trying to see in Firebug how I would change the spacing between the header/navigation and the body/content part of this site. I don’t want there to be all of that dark blue part showing in between the two. I couldn’t figure out where and what to change (padding?) to do this. Thank you so much!

Ozzy
    Participant

can you post a link to the site?

lianam
    Participant

Oops! I just was about to edit it because I realized I forgot to add the link: It’s this site. Thanks, Ozzy!

Ozzy
    Participant

hi lianam,

to reduce the space you’ll need to edit your style.css in a couple of places.

around line 304, for the rule .menu-primary, menu-secondary change the margin to:

margin: 0;

around line 497, in the rule #inner, change the margin to:

margin: 0 auto;

hopefully that fixes your issue!

lianam
    Participant

That worked perfectly! If by some chance I need to reduce the spacing more, is there a way to do so?

Ozzy
    Participant

you can use negative numbers, but you’ll need to be careful. since there is no more space in between the sections, reducing margins and paddings within the sections would probably be your best bet.

if you wanted to get rid of all of the blue space, be sure to set the margin: 0 in .menu-primary and .menu-secondary around line 304.

lianam
    Participant

Thank you again, Ozzy!

Ozzy
    Participant

you’re most welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.