Remove animation from Custom Menu

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove animation from Custom Menu

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  xammamax 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

xammamax
    Participant

I’m building my website offline in the Genesis Mocha Theme and I have a problem that I do not get solved. I use the Custom Menu Widget in the Header of the theme and the Dropdown Menu in the ‘Custom Menu’ is animated. And it is not defined in the style.css (if I use the primary menu it is fine – but this one is not in the header widget..)

Do you know how to disable the animation effect for the Custom Menu?

xammamax
    Participant

What I found out through other forums was that I could do without the ‘Custom Menu’ widget and put the primary menu right in the header by adding the following to functions.php

remove_action( ‘genesis_after_header’, ‘genesis_do_nav’ );
    add_action( ‘genesis_header_right’, ‘genesis_do_nav’ );

But now I do not manage to put the title and the menu in the same line. It is like this

– Title —————————————————–
    ———– Menu Button 1 — Button 2 — Button3

Does anyone have an idea how to put them in the same line?

xammamax
    Participant

Still didn’t manage maybe an example will help and make clear what I am looking for. I woud like to have the exact same fixed menu with title on the left and menu on the right as here:

Derek
    Participant

Without actually seeing the site, it’s tough to give an exact answer, but most likely you need to tweak the CSS for either the #title-area class or the #header .widget-area class. If the width of these two classes equals more than the width of your theme #wrap (which is probably 960px), then the widget-area will kick down below the title.

Derek Rippe – CSS Artist & Genesis Fanboy @ SynaVista and MediaCairn Design Studio
    Figure out your CSS problems with Firebug | Check out my Custom Comment Form Title plugin

xammamax
    Participant

Thank you so much Derek! That was exactly what I had to fix. Great advice especially as you could not see the site.
    Thanks!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.