Remove blog entries from home page of Going Green Pro

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove blog entries from home page of Going Green Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dreamdancer 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

AliKK
    Participant

Hi there,

There’s probably a better way to do this, but, for now, I’m interested in removing the blog from the home page.

Site is here:

http://lunabeannation.com/4eyoga/

I know I could just assign a different page, but I’m not sure how I would make the picture take up the entire space without affecting other pages…so I think this is the easiest solution. Maybe.

http://lunabeannation.com/4eyoga/

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

You could create a home.php to use a widgetized homepage instead of showing posts. There are a number of tutorials out there, or you could grab a home.php from another child theme and customize it.

The site is gorgeous, by the way! I love the way it looks.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

AC
    Blocked

Try Brad Dalton’s tutorial here on Removing Posts from Displaying on the Home Page.

AliKK
    Participant

Thanks so much for the replies. My issue is primarily that there is no home.php file to edit. I have functions, landing-page, and the css. I don’t know if this is a new thing with the Going Green Pro…BUT, in the past I’ve just been able to edit home.php (as suggested in the blog post). Now I’m at a loss. Thanks!

dreamdancer
    Participant

I am working on a widget home page for Going Green Pro as well. I took a copy of front-page.php (instead of home.php) from Lifestyle Pro, it works, I registered the widget areas in the functions file and my widgets are showing up.

However I get into problems if I try to rename the child theme info in the page.

such as – add_action( ‘genesis_meta’, ‘going-green_home_genesis_meta’ );
    /**
    * Add widget support for homepage. If no widgets active, display the default loop.
    */

function going_green_home_genesis_meta() {

if ( is_active_sidebar( ‘home-top’ ) || is_active_sidebar( ‘home-middle’ ) || is_active_sidebar( ‘home-bottom-left’ ) || is_active_sidebar( ‘home-bottom-right’ ) ) {

// Force content-sidebar layout setting
    add_filter( ‘genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout’, ‘__genesis_return_content_sidebar’ );

// Add going-green-pro-home body class
    add_filter( ‘body_class’, ‘going-green_body_class’ );

// Remove the default Genesis loop
    remove_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘genesis_do_loop’ );

// Add homepage widgets
    add_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘going-green_homepage_widgets’ );

}
    }

I get this error –
    Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘going-green_home_genesis_meta’ was given in /home/content/68/8481068/html/karson/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 429

I have tried it many, many ways and unless I have lifestyle instead of going-green, there is an error code and the widgets disappear. There must be some way to name this to match the theme, but I can’t figure out what I am doing wrong. Would love some help.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  dreamdancer. Reason: can't figure out how to use the code tag on this site!
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  dreamdancer. Reason: can't figure out how to use the code tag on this site!

Helen
    Participant

Hi dreamdancer, Did you get this to work, I am trying to do the same thing. Actually, first I used a static page as the Home page and tried using column classes, but for a few reasons much rather have widgets on the Home page, so I’m trying for the second time to do this, and running into same problem you are having.

dreamdancer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

dreamdancer
    Participant

Hi Helen, I thought I could send a private message, but this board doesn’t do that. Here is a link to download my two custom files. https://files.secureserver.net/0sMQ2qknUJeuIg

There is the front-page.php with a few widget spots, and the functions.php that registers the sidebars.
    here is some home page CSS also:

/* Home*/
    .home-middle .featuredpost img {
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-right: 20px;
    margin-right: 2rem;
    }

.home-bottom-left,
    .home-bottom-right {
    width: 332px;
    }

.home-bottom-left {
    float: left;
    }

.home-bottom-right {
    float: right;
    }

h2,
    .home-top .entry-title {
    font-size: 24px;
    font-size: 2.4rem;
    font-family: ‘Lora’, serif;
    margin-left: 15px;
    margin-right: 15px;
    }

.home .entry-content {
    margin-left: 15px;
    margin-right: 15px;
    }

@media only screen and (max-width: 1268px)
    .footer-widgets-1,
    .footer-widgets-2,
    .footer-widgets-3, .home-bottom-left,
    .home-bottom-right,
    .sidebar-primary {
    width: 260px;
    }

@media only screen and (max-width: 1023px)
    .home-bottom-left,
    .home-bottom-right {
    width: 332px;
    }

@media only screen and (max-width: 834px)
    .home-bottom-left,
    .home-bottom-right,
    .five-sixths,
    .four-sixths,
    .one-fourth,
    .one-half,
    .one-sixth,
    .one-third,
    .three-fourths,
    .three-sixths,
    .two-fourths,
    .two-sixths,
    .two-thirds {
    margin: 0;
    width: 100%;
    }

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.