Remove gap in primary navigation menu items

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove gap in primary navigation menu items

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wizz6113 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wizz6113

I have a test site up on a customised version of Outreach Pro, and all is going well except for a very narrow stray gap showing between the ‘Home’ and the next menu item on rollover when you browse along the navbar.

I am not sure where to find the CSS code to remove this. It seems to be around 2px, and only is an issue between first and second menu items. I did reduce the height of the navbars and the font size from the original code and think I reduced the drop-down bar width. Would that affect it and how can I resolve the small gap? Help gratefully received!

http://wpreneur.com/iicss/

http://wpreneur.com/iicss/

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Did you get this resolved? I’m not seeing a gap when I hover over the menu items.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

wizz6113

Andrea,
    Thanks and yes, I did manage, very late at night, to get the gap removed. I googled around and discovered that putting margin-right: -4px resolved that. It seems a common problem with the code display: inline-block;

However, I am grappling still to find a solution to the lag on the timing of the rollover in the navbar. When I rollover from left to right along the bar, there’s a huge time delay in the previous menu item button reverting to no hover (blue in my case). I end up with the mouse over hover white showing on around two, sometimes up to three buttons. I need to somehow speed this up so nothing is left lagging. It’s all jerky and erratic and not a smooth rollover transition at all.

Something to do with the webkit code, but I am not sure how to edit it. Any ideas!

Thanks once again for your help.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

What browser/OS are you using? The transition is extremely quick and smooth for me using Chrome, Firefox, and Safari for Mac.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

wizz6113

Hi Andrea,
    That’s a relief to know. I am still having problems with Chrome – I am on Windows XP. But perhaps a little less so than before. Firefox all works well. IE is awful but I’ve probably not the latest version installed so will check again when I have. Probably just an XP blip with it then. Thanks for your help. I’ll mark as resolved now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.