Remove Google Search Dates

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove Google Search Dates

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DougGreen
    Participant

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I can’t pull it up with a search.  Even though I’m using a site-url/postname setup for my posts, Google is adding a date to the post in its search results.

I want to eliminate that date that seems to be automatically included on WordPress and not websites.  I’m using a Magazine theme btw.  I’ve seen some older suggestions online but I want to make sure I have a solution that works with Genesis and my theme.

Any help would be appreciated. (not a newbie but not a pro either) ;-)

thanks

Doug

Susan

Doug – I don’t know if this thread will help you, but it might:

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/remove-comment-meta-div-from-comments-section/ (despite the title, I think he was more interested in removing the date stamp…)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

DougGreen
    Participant

Thanks Susan – i did indeed see that post.  Thought it referred to only comments but I do see it would remove all date stamps.  The concern I would have with this is that every upgrade would/could trigger the need to repeat this (if I understand it correctly)

Having said that, i did find a plugin “WP Date Remover” that is supposed to do this.  I’ve activated it and will see what the Big G does on its next refresh.

I think from an SEO perspective this kind of thing is important for sites not having date sensitive info.

Thanks

Susan

Doug – from what I’ve been reading, it seems to be an issue that a lot of WP users are having. I would definitely like your thoughts on the effectiveness of the plugin!

DougGreen
    Participant

Susan – the plugin is running – no issues. The proof however is in the pudding with Google searches.  I’ve marked a few pages to check over the next few weeks when there’s a refresh to see if the dating disappears.  Sounds like an option Genesis could use however if it’s important to more than a few of us who don’t want date-sensitive marking on our G-indexing. (hint, hint) :-)

Susan

Sounds good! Marking this thread as “resolved”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Remove Google Search Dates’ is closed to new replies.