Remove h1 Tags from Excerpts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove h1 Tags from Excerpts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dman630
    Participant

I’m using the genesis featured page widget to display three separate images on my home page. The content in the excerpts does not read well since it is pulling in the heading tags and paragraphs. I tried using the advanced excerpt plugin to strip away the h1 tags from showing but it seems not to be working. Is there a way to edit the code manually to only display content within the paragraph tags. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan.

http://www.rtmassociates.com.php53-9.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/

David Chu
    Participant

You must have figured this out – no H1 tags on your homepage. :-) I have one thought, though – “collaborative”. ;)

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

dman630
    Participant

Hi Dave, actually I have not although I can see why you would think so. When I inspect the featured pages in firebug the content shows to be wrapped in the paragraph tag but in the page content the “Our Expertise” is wrapped in h1. There is also an image that is in the page content. It appears that the excerpt is ignoring the image but not the h1 tag which is what I’m trying to tweak. I’m having a hard time with this so any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan.

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    View the source. Not an H1 tag to be found on that page. Maybe you mean some other page. :-) There are h2 tags on the page. “Our expertise” is in a paragraph.

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.