Remove header_widget_right only on Home Page

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove header_widget_right only on Home Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Erica Mueller 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Erica Mueller
    Participant

I would like to remove the Header Widget Right only on the homepage and replace with another widget area so I can put something different in that space on the home page.

My theme is using a home.php file so I’m thinking I should be able to tell it to unregister that one and register another, but I’m not sure how.

Anyone know?

WordPress Manipulator

http://www.smartkids101.com.php53-5.ord1-1.websitetestlink.com/

anitac
    Participant

Try Jennifer’s tutorial – http://dreamwhisperdesigns.com/genesis-tutorials/remove-genesis-header-widget-homepage/. It might help you.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Erica Mueller
    Participant

That removed it, Thank You!

Now to see if I can figure out how to add a new widget there just for the homepage…

WordPress Manipulator

anitac
    Participant

After giving someone else this tip for something else, if you put it back – you can use Widget Logic and tell it to only show up on the home page.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Erica Mueller
    Participant

I ended up just customizing the CSS to make the widget a different size on the homepage only. It looks much better now and fixed our visual issue.

WordPress Manipulator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.