Remove 'Leave A Comment' button

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove 'Leave A Comment' button

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Elizabeth Crane 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jamesellaby
    Participant

I’ve just started using Metro Pro and I love it, but one thing I can’t work out is how to get rid of the disruptive Leave A Comment button that appears near the top of blog posts and in the top featured story on the front page. Can anyone help me?

http://www.newadventuresinhifi.com/

braddalton
    Participant

Install the Genesis Simple Edits plugin and remove the shortcode for comments.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

jamesellaby
    Participant

Great, thanks Brad

animar
    Participant

I’m using Minimum-Pro and also want to remove the Date and ‘Leave a Comment’ text that appears below my header only when I resize my browser screen to less than about 1000px.

Here’s a screenshot:
    screenshot

I was using Simple Edits but could not find info on how to remove a shortcode – just add one. So I deactivated that plugin and modified my functions.php.

The text appears in the section with <div class=”post-info”> and only appears once on the page. Is there someting i need to change with the responsiveness of the theme?

Thanks, Darrell

braddalton
    Participant

You’ll need to add the CSS rules for both to the media queries in your child themes style.css file so they display: none at a specific width.

animar
    Participant

Brad, thank you for responding, I see the section in my style.css for @media only screen (currently using the minimum-pro theme). Is there a specific line I am modifying or is there something new I need to add?

braddalton
    Participant

I can’t find any leave a comment link on the front page.

Did you already remove the short codes using Simple Edits.

What you can do is find the class using Firebug and hide it using CSS at specific screen sizes by adding the CSS rule to the Media Queries:

https://gist.github.com/braddalton/7122644

animar
    Participant

Yes, I had renabled simple edits and no matter what I included or did not include in the two entries for Post Info and Post Meta, it did not wipe out this display when the screen sized smaller. But I did use Firebug and the section in questions was <div class=post-info>. That was the thin white space below my header.

So I used your display none code but with .post-info and voila, it worked. I’m still testing it out to see what other effects this might have. Thank you so much Brad!!!!! Will post an update if I find something else.

Elizabeth Crane
    Participant

Thanks Brad. That was almost too easy!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.