Remove Link Styling on Images in Sidebar

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove Link Styling on Images in Sidebar

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  directionsnotincluded 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Kent
    Participant

I’m trying to remove the white underline/border of linked images in the sidebar of the Minimum Pro theme and I can’t seem to track down the CSS for that. I think I probably need to add some to ‘style it out’ but i’m not sure where/how to do that. Suggestions? Thanks.

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

http://kentfackenthall.com/dw1/bio/#

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    A modern hipster move is to use borders instead of normal underlined links. Here’s a way to pull those out. If you took out the textwidget part it would remove underlines from other sidebar links, too. If you’re mixing and matching you may need to be very specific. :)

[css]
    .sidebar .textwidget a {
    border-bottom: 0;
    }
    [/css]

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Kent
    Participant

Dave,

Thanks for that. When I put your code in, it does indeed nuke the underlines for my text links as well, which I don’t want.

When I try this:

.sidebar .textwidget a img {
    }

Nothing changes. I’m stumped.

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Kent.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Kent.

jhguynn
    Participant

I’m stumped too, but would to know the answer when one comes along. “Bump”.

David Chu
    Participant

Specifying IMG will do nothing because it’s inside the link that is being styled. This will work, and will leave any other sidebar widget’s links alone, but you won’t be able to use any other links in that specific widget without killing the dots. Take a look at the HTML to see what’s happening.

[css]
    .sidebar #text-6 a {
    }
    [/css]

Anything beyond that, you’ll probably need to get a developer working on it.

Good luck,
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Tom
    Participant

There is a very good review of options on this page: Pure CSS: Remove Link Properties for Linked Images with Borders … however, they’re not working for me tonight.

Anyone else want to have a look at some of these potential methods?

Choose your next site design from over 350 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

Kent
    Participant

Hi everyone, FWIW, I wrote support and got this answer. It worked.

“I would recommend creating a class to use when you don’t want a border. Add this to your style.css file.”

.noborder {
          border: none;
    }

Then, you can use that like this:

<a class="noborder" href="#">stuff</a>

jhguynn
    Participant

“When the answer is simple, God is talking” Einstein.

directionsnotincluded

Thank you! All the other options I’ve been trying today would not work. This did the trick for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.