Remove Page Background from Landing – Eleven40

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove Page Background from Landing – Eleven40

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  coachtanya 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

coachtanya
    Participant

Hello, I’m using Eleven40 and I’ve been able to figure out quite a few of the customizations I could make from the forum. But there’s one I just can’t find.  Look at this landing page:

http://www.tanyasmithonline.com/coaching/

I realized the landing page template that comes with Eleven40 still has the nav, header, and everything with it. I took that out by editing the php file but the one thing that won’t go away is the black bar at the top.  I suspect that is a page background.

What code do I need to add to get rid of this black bar (header/background page) for my landing pages?  I want all other pages to be unaffected.  Thanks!

wp guy
    Participant

Looks like this is the culprit:
    #wrap {
    background: url(images/bg.png) repeat-x;
    }

yakkas
    Participant

Hey Tanya – how’s things?

The background bar is added to your page by css using the iD #wrap – to remove it from this page, you would need to add a specific style for that page, like below:

Add this to your styles.css:

.page-id-8 #wrap {
    background: none;
    }

coachtanya
    Participant

That was spot on!  After adding the last blurb to my css, it worked like a dream.  Thank you so much for the help. :)

Tanya

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.