Remove Posts from Homepage in Education Child Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove Posts from Homepage in Education Child Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dhuse 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

SethResler
    Participant

Hi! I’m using the Education Theme and I’d like to remove the posts from the bottom of the homepage entirely. I’d like the homepage to go from the Call to Action section to the Footer. Thanks!

SoZo

Add this to home.php
    remove_action( 'genesis_loop', 'genesis_do_loop' );

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

SethResler
    Participant

This works, but the primary sidebar still shows up. How do I remove that from just the homepage? Thanks!

SoZo

What is the URL?

SethResler
    Participant

http://tastetrekkers.com

Scroll to the bottom and you’ll see the “Event Schedule” which is from the primary sidebar.

SoZo

Add this to your style sheet
    .home #content,
    .home .sidebar {
    display: none;
    }

SethResler
    Participant

We’re close! That eliminated the primary sidebar, but it also eliminated the secondary sidebar, which I do want to display on the homepage. I only want to get rid of the primary sidebar.

SoZo

Okay, in that case use #sidebar in place of .sidebar

SethResler
    Participant

Perfect, thanks for your help!

ecillin
    Participant

Hi SoZo, where in the home.php does the remove_action( 'genesis_loop', 'genesis_do_loop' ); code go??

Michael
    Participant

Greetings-  I am also using this Child Theme and basically trying to do the same thing you did Seth with SUCCESS thanks to this post.  Thank you Sozo for your expert help!

I have a tip for you Seth if I may be so bold.  If you want the orange banner in the “call to action” widget to better match your red color scheme, take the following files into photoshop and adjust their color to more closely coordinate with the reds in your site design-

banner-texture.png
    banner-right.png
    banner-left.png

Then upload them back into the same directory and overwrite the current files, replacing them with the newly re-colored files.

To me, the orange clashes with the red, but I admit it’s a very subjective thing.  You may like the look with the orange, in which case, please ignore my tip!

WebMC
    Participant

Hi I also wanted to remove the posts from the bottom of the home page and followed instructions above. However  it removed the images from my featured widget section (where it brings in the featured images for the four featured pages) is there any way to bring them back?

dhuse
    Participant

When I add

remove_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘genesis_do_loop’ );

It removes the posts  but I have a blank empty white section at the bottom of the page. Is there any way to remove it?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.