Remove primary bsidebar in Education

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove primary bsidebar in Education

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  abh 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

SoZo

Ya, you’d need to set the layout to content-sidebar and then switch the sidebars with Bill’s code since there isn’t a content/secondary-sidebar layout.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

wnb
    Participant

SoZo we were never able to get past the errors that was being created ….any ideas what the problem could be or what I can show you to see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks again

wnb
    Participant

SoZo we were never able to get past the errors that were being creayed with the code.  Is there anything I can show you to see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

avhslibrary
    Participant

Ok, I followed Bill’s advice.

http://www.amadorvalleyhs.org/?page_id=956

And the sidebar’s did switch. I set the secondary sidebar not to come back. Unfortunately, there is still a space where it should be.

wnb
    Participant

Yes I see that big space where the sidebar should be, that won’t work….

abh
    Participant

Hey, just came across this. I had a HELL of a time getting the Primary Sidebar off. I tried a couple of things suggested on Studiopress/elsewhere. Nothing worked, some things crashed it. Finally I did the following:

***IMPORTANT: You are about to no longer have a primary sidebar. Period. They say don’t mess with the Genesis theme and do everything in the child theme. I didn’t.

1. Appearance -> Editor

2. Select theme to edit -> click “Genesis”, hit “Select” button

3. Find Sidebar file on right side (it says (sidebar.php) under it

4. Highlight all text. Copy. Paste in Notepad document. Save it just in case you ever want the sidebar back. Delete all the text in there. Click “Update File”. Voila, no more primary sidebar.

abh
    Participant

Oh, another thing, if you want to expand the content area, change the “width” section (I don’t know which one it should be, so… I did both) of these:

/* Content
    ———————————————————— */

#content {
    float: left;
    margin: 50px;
    width: 880px;
    }

.content-sidebar #content,
    .sidebar-content #content {
    width: 880px;
    }

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  abh.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  abh.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.