Remove Primary Side Bar from Home Page of METRO Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove Primary Side Bar from Home Page of METRO Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PaulS 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

PaulS
    Participant

xx

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  PaulS.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  PaulS.

PaulS
    Participant

i have a pretty simple request – i want to remove the PRIMARY SIDE BAR from the Home Page only of the Metro theme.

i have tried all of the solutions for other child themes when searching:
    remove primary side bar from home page

… and anything close to that query … no luck

does anyone know the code to remove the primary side bar from the homepage of the Metro theme?

i still want all the other full width widgeted content areas for the home page (Home Top, Middle Left, Middle Right, etc) – just not the Primary Side Bar on the right.

another caveat – i also need to use the SIMPLE SIDEBAR plugin to control content on specific pages. i did de-activate the plugin to see if that was the problem … but it’s not … the sidebar always shows up on the home page

please help. thx so much!!

mromero
    Participant

Why do you wish to remove the primary sidebar?

Is it that you wish to display different content in the sidebar for the Home Page and the Inside Pages?

nunotmp
    Participant

Try adding this to your functions.php file:

if ( is_home() ) { remove_action( 'genesis_sidebar', 'genesis_do_sidebar' ); }

PaulS
    Participant

@mromero – i want to remove the primary sidebar from the home page and have a full-width image slider. and i want to keep the Home Top, Middle Left, Middle Right templated widget areas that come on this cool front page.

@nunotmp – that did not work … any ideas why it wont work with this theme?

thx very much for your help PAUL

WebSouth
    Participant

@PaulS Don’t know if you are still trying to remove the sidebar on the homepage of Metro but try this it worked for me.

Instead of this
    // Force content-sidebar layout setting
    add_filter( ‘genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout’, ‘__genesis_return_content_sidebar’ );
    Use this
    // Force full width layout setting on home page
    add_filter( ‘genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout’, ‘__genesis_return_full_width_content’ );

On the front-page.php

PaulS
    Participant

thx @websouth – i used a plugin called LAYOUT EXTRAS and it worked fine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.