Remove Responsive Design – Genesis theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove Responsive Design – Genesis theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KellyBrito 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

KellyBrito

Hello,

I like the Genesis design well enough, but for my blog, I’d like to remove the responsive design, in order to show the desktop version on mobiles (with the sidebar). I have removed all the code under Media Queries on the Genesis child theme and saw no results (also removed on the main Genesis theme, just to double check -no results).

Any ideas on how to have only the desktop version running on all devices?
    Thanks! :)

*I’m aware I’m not supposed to make modifications on the parent theme and the reasons, I was just trying it out -and have added the piece of code back.

http://behindthedesign.me

Susan Nelson
    Participant

You may also need to remove this from your functions.php file:

//* Add viewport meta tag for mobile browsers
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-responsive-viewport’ );

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

KellyBrito

Thanks for the suggestion, Sunsan! :)

Apparently, that just gave me a responsive but messy look. I still have a single column layout, now with a small/thin sidebar on bottom.

Anyone has any other suggestions? I might have to reach to their Support team…

snakeair
    Participant

Correct me if I am wrong but removing the responsive coding the theme will not fit to well on mobile/smart phones now. The menu’s sidebar will look out of place besides other part’s potentially.

KellyBrito

Hi Snakeair,

The template will fit well on mobile screens -being that it will fit with 2 columns, displaying the sidebar immediately, instead of forcing visitors to scroll through 10 posts before seeing it. Can it be more bothersome to actually read the posts, absolutely. But it’s a preference questions: display sidebar x allow easier reading. I prefer the second.

The sidebar menu will not look out of place. For all other parts (as well as menu, if needed), I would be able to figure out a fixed position or arrange the position with CSS.

Thanks for the input. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.