Remove Responsive Design

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove Responsive Design

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  connie.veneracion 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

expfarm
    Participant

We want to remove completely the responsive design.

I have deleted the Responsive Design portion of the styles.css doc. On iPad and iPhone the site is still loading in “adjusted” for a mobile device (in other words, not like the desktop view).

How can we completely remove ALL responsive design elements for this website?

We are using a modified Minimum Theme with Genesis Responsive Slider for the slideshow on the homepage.

Dev site:

http://mallon.experiencefarm.com

Thanks.

expfarm
    Participant

Please disregard the dev site listed. I need to move on and have adjusted the responsive design accordingly.

I am still curious how to remove ALL responsive layout elements for future development. When I removed it from this site the content was cut off on iPad.

lettuceDesign
    Participant

Having the same problem. I have removed all the mobile responsive CSS (I think) from coryschofieldtattoo.com but still having cut off issues when viewed on a mobile device.

gomlers
    Participant

I’m just curious to why you want to remove the responsive theme?

Is there something I haven’t thought about?

connie.veneracion
    Participant

expfarm and Lettucedesign, in functions.php, you have to delete the tag with the viewport meta tag.

Gomlers, for ad implementation, sometimes, a separate mobile theme is better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.