Remove "responsiveness" from Pretty Pictures header

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove "responsiveness" from Pretty Pictures header

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  samantha 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

samantha
    Participant

Hi, I am working with Pretty Pictures theme. I now have the header working as it’s designed to do, which is to change its height based on the amount of text inside it. However, I actually want the header just to be a regular image without any flex. I’m not great with css – I’ve played around with it but can’t get it right.

The current code is:
    [php]
    /** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( ‘custom-header’, array(
    ‘default-image’ => get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . ‘/images/header.jpg’,
    ‘flex-height’ => true,
    ‘flex-width’ => true,
    ‘header-text’ => false,
    ‘height’ => 550,
    ‘width’ => 990,
    ‘wp-head-callback’ => ‘__return_false’,
    ) );
    [/php]

Thanks in advance for any help!

http://glynisgosling.com/

cdils
    Participant

Hi there,

I would ask… why do you want to remove responsive capability as opposed to adjusting your header to look good in responsive mode?

That said, if you want to remove responsive capability, you’ll want to change your CSS, not functions.php. Let me know if you still need help?

Carie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

samantha
    Participant

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for the response. I didn’t want to remove the responsive functionality completely, just the “flex” on the image. Jennifer from the support team helped me out with this.

Thanks again for the reply – I’ll go and make sure I don’t have any other outstanding threads.

Cheers,

Sam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Remove "responsiveness" from Pretty Pictures header’ is closed to new replies.