Remove Tags from Blog Category Pages? Modern Blogger Pro

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Remove Tags from Blog Category Pages? Modern Blogger Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  genwrock 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

TheGG
    Participant

Hi!

I’m using Modern Blogger Pro + was just wondering how I can stop my tags from showing up in my category pages?

Also, is there a way to change the amount of space in between the posts on the category pages? There’s such a big gap at the bottom of each post!

Example here

Thanks! :)

http://www.glamorganicgoddess.com/category/skin-care/facial-cleanser-makeup-remover/

braddalton
    Participant

Use Firebug to inspect the space and then change the values for any padding.

Use display: none; to hide the tags. You can find the classes for your tags using Firebug.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

TheGG
    Participant

Hi Braddalton!

Thanks!

I used Firebug + tried to use the “display: none;” – but it then hides ALL my Tags.

I still want o be able to use them on my Individual Posts – I just want to hide them from my Category Pages like they’re hidden from the Home Page.

How can I do that?

Thanks! :)

genwrock

Add this code in your functions.php file

add_action('template_redirect', 'remove_tag');
    function remove_tag(){
       if( is_category() || is_archive()) {
          remove_action( 'genesis_entry_footer', 'genesis_entry_footer_markup_open', 5 );
          remove_action( 'genesis_entry_footer', 'genesis_entry_footer_markup_close', 15 );
          remove_action( 'genesis_entry_footer', 'genesis_post_meta' );
       }
    }

Working as a freelancer & helping the people on forum | Chinmoy @ PWD | Please Follow Me on Twitter If I’ve helped.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.