Remove Title / Subscribe Area

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Remove Title / Subscribe Area

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jackirenee 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

genevishgraphics
    Participant

Had the same issue – worked for me only I changed the neg margin to just 80. Problem is I have the gray area just on my home page covering up the header/logo. I have not made any other changes to the code other than this CSS – I did a compare of the functions file and the home.php files using TKDiff and there were no discrepancies – I disabled plugins too and no change. Thoughts? Suggestions greatly appreciated!
    Website

genevishgraphics
    Participant

Isnt it easier just to remove

/** Add the page title section */
    add_action( ‘genesis_after_header’, ‘minimum_page_title’ );
    function minimum_page_title() {
    require_once( get_stylesheet_directory() . ‘/page-title.php’ );
    }

From the functions.php file? I tired doing it via css as suggested and ended up with a giant mess. This worked a lot easier~

jgi
    Participant

I’m not exactly sure why StudioPress or whoever is in charge of Minimum would ruin a good thing. After about 30 minutes trying to remove the default header image and Subscribe text, I decided to return to a previous version of Minimum. To add this new “feature” but not give us an easy toggle on/off, well, it’s actually a bit rude. What if someone was happily using Minimum on a production site, decided to update, and were then greeted with this garish addition? I would expect it from open-source free themes, but not such a great product as StudioPress.

Beyond this issue, I still remain a very happy StudioPress developer.

jackirenee
    Participant

I’ve removed the code from the page-title.php but still have a big blue bar across the top of the page.  How do I get rid of that?

http://www.beautyinstrengthfitness.com

Sorry wrong thread

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  jackirenee.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  jackirenee.

jackirenee
    Participant

I’ve removed the code from the page-title.php but still have a big blue bar across the top of the page.  How do I get rid of that?

http://www.beautyinstrengthfitness.com

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.