Removing dividing line from header in Crystal

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Removing dividing line from header in Crystal

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Mizwicki 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

treztech

Hi,
    Has anyone got any tips for how to remove the dividing line from crystal header. I have changed the logo and header background to white but am left with a grey line across the screen.

braddalton
    Participant

treztech

the page is currently on my wamp server.

treztech

website now live at http://www.egsr.org but still has dividing line. Anyone know how to remove it please

braddalton
    Participant

Use Firebug to find the class and hide it using display: none;

genwrock

Go to line no 117 of your style.css file and change width. It will be 255px.

Go to line no 97 and you will get this CSS “#header .widget-area”. So change the width. It will be 704px.

See My PRO Genesis Child Themes | Need Genesis Developer? | Follow Me on Twitter

genwrock

If you are wanting to remove the menu border then go to line no 164 and you will get this css “#nav li a, #subnav li a, #header ul.menu li a” . remove the following codes:

border-left: 1px solid #ffffff;
    border-right: 1px solid #b8c6d1;

See My PRO Genesis Child Themes | Need Genesis Developer? | Follow Me on Twitter

treztech

Thanks for the help. Looking much better but still got the bar showing underneath the slider on home page or menu on other pages. Is there any way to remove this line

Matt Mizwicki
    Participant

Are you talking about the line that sort of looks like a ruler?

If so…
    Remove line #18

body {
    	background: #FFFFFF url(images/bg.png) repeat-x;
    }

and remove this at line #26

body.home {
    background: #FFFFFF url(images/bg-home.png) repeat-x;
    }
    `
    Let me know if that works.

treztech

yeah it’s the line that looks like a ruler.
    Tried removing line 18 and line 26 but still there.

Matt Mizwicki
    Participant

Hi again treztech.
    To remove the line that looks like a ruler, you’ll need to get rid of the code i mentioned.

I just looked at your code again and see that those lines of code are still there. So either you added them back, or your server is caching your stylesheet, so the changes aren’t taking effect.

If you’ve got a caching plugin working, turn it off during development, and clear your cache after you delete the code and see if it takes effect. You may have to refresh your browser a few times as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.