Removing Entire Footer Widget Section from Pixel Happy

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Removing Entire Footer Widget Section from Pixel Happy

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rocketgirl
    Participant

Hi,

I need to remove the 3 footer columns at the bottom of the page. Using Pixel Happy.

Can anyone tell me what code needs to be removed from the editor to do this? I tried removing the footer section, but the widgets appeared unstyled on the right hand side of the page!

Thanks so much.

Mary

braddalton
    Participant

What happens if you remove this code from your child themes functions.php file?
    [php]
    // Add support for 3-column footer widgets
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-footer-widgets’, 3 );
    [/php]

And add this code to your child themes functions.php file
    [php]
    remove_action(‘genesis_footer’, ‘genesis_do_footer’);
    remove_action(‘genesis_footer’, ‘genesis_footer_markup_open’, 5);
    remove_action(‘genesis_footer’, ‘genesis_footer_markup_close’, 15);
    [/php]

I tested this code on Metro but couldn’t on Pixel Happy as its not included in the Pro Plus Package but it should give you an idea on how to get the job done.

rocketgirl
    Participant

HUGE mistake! my site’s down. I went into the THEME FUNCTIONS functions.php file. Copied the contents into a text editor. Played around with the suggestions. Didn’t touch the widgets. So i pasted the contents back into the functions.php and i get a server error.

I’m unable to do anything within the dashboard – any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

rocketgirl
    Participant

this is the error:
    Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://knitmichigan.org/wp-admin/themes.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this webpage later.

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

rocketgirl
    Participant

it’s really weird, because i did do a copy and paste into text edit. i just found the original functions.php of pixel happy, and i compared it to what i pasted and it’s the same thing. I’m at a loss as to how to correct this. Thank you for any insite!

rocketgirl
    Participant

OK, site’s back up. Can anyone give me some lead as to how to remove the footer widgets from my site?

site here

thank you!

braddalton
    Participant

The instructions where to remove the first line of code and then add the other 3 lines.

I tested this on your theme locally and it worked fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.