Removing main-area from front page

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Removing main-area from front page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JoakimB

Hi!

I’m working with a customisation of the Minimum Pro Theme and I have a question.
    Bear in mind that this is my first time working with Genesis, so my question might have been answered already and I just couldn’t find it. I may also be way off concerning the way to use hooks and filters properly.

I’m trying to set up a front page with just a header, a footer and 8 widget areas of custom size and positioning.

What I’m wondering is therefore:

Is there an easy (relatively) way of removing the <div class=”content-sidebar-wrap”>-element with all of its content.

I’ve successfully removed the loop and the sidebar, but the div still appears and messes up my layout.
    What I’ve done is: In my front-page.php file I’ve added remove_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘genesis_do_loop’ ); and remove_action( ‘genesis_after_content’, ‘genesis_get_sidebar’ ); within an if ( is_home() )-statement.

Where should I go from here? Any suggestions or comments on my work so far?

Oh, and I’ve managed to add all the widget areas with the add_action( ‘genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap’ ) hook thingy.

I may also have posted this in the wrong forum section… my bad, sorry.

Thanks in advance,
    Joakim

• This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  JoakimB.
    • This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  JoakimB.
    http://tankesmedjantiden.se.preview.binero.se

braddalton
    Participant

JoakimB

So basically what you would do is replacing the loop with widgets, but keeping them inside of the content-sidebar-wrap?

braddalton
    Participant

You can use any layout you like and change any of the hooks in the template.

I’ve simply added a full width layout however this can be changed using PHP code or you can change the width using CSS using the custom body class generated by the template.

You can even add the loop after the widgets or add a grid loop after the widgets simply by pasting code in the template.

Its highly flexible.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.