Removing Post Titles From Featured Images (Ambiance Theme)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Removing Post Titles From Featured Images (Ambiance Theme)

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cccmedia 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cccmedia
    Participant

Good evening, guys!

I love the new Ambiance theme, however, I would like to have the post feature images displayed without the title of the post overlaying the image.

Is there a simple way of doing this?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  cccmedia.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  cccmedia.
    http://demo.studiopress.com/ambiance/

braddalton
    Participant

Link to your site please.

Try this:
    [css]
    .ambiance-grid .entry-title,
    .ambiance-grid .entry-meta {
    display: none;
    }
    [/css]

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

cccmedia
    Participant

@braddalton thanks for responding. The site is here

I tried the above code, but it didn’t seem to work. Do you have any other suggestions?

It’s actually the date and title, not just the title I was referring to earlier – sorry!

I tried Genesis Simple Edits, to see if by deleting the short code, it might coincidentally remove it from the overlay of the feature image, as well, but that also didn’t work.

Thank you in advance!

nutsandbolts

What Brad posted above should work, but instead of adding a new CSS rule, you’ll want to hunt down the existing rules in your stylesheet for .ambiance-grid .entry-title (changing display: block; to display: none;) and .ambiance-grid .entry-meta (adding display: none; before the closing bracket). Otherwise the existing rules will override what you’ve added.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

cccmedia
    Participant

Andrea, that did it! I had added it as a new CSS rule.

Andrea, Brad — you guys are awesome. It worked perfectly. Thank you both!

braddalton
    Participant

Thanks Andrea.

@cccmedia Another option is to use PHP remove actions in the index.php template to remove both the post info and title.

These may not work if you have the Genesis Simple Edits plugin activated which uses the same hooks and filters.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

cccmedia
    Participant

@braddalton I will certainly tinker with that, so I can get familiar. Thanks, again, for taking the time!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Removing Post Titles From Featured Images (Ambiance Theme)’ is closed to new replies.