Replace homepage grid with full-width excerpts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Replace homepage grid with full-width excerpts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jubbling1 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

WoodlandCoyote
    Participant

I’m using the eleven40 theme and don’t see any customization options in my dashboard for the grid.

Currently one full post displays on my homepage, which is great. Below that is the blog grid of excerpts. Instead of two columns, I want the excerpts to display as a single full-width column. It was easy enough setting my archives to display full-width excerpts, but I don’t see any easy way to replace the grid with regular excerpts.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

braddalton
    Participant

Try the Genesis Layout Extra’s plugin

WoodlandCoyote
    Participant

Thank you, but this plugin doesn’t seem to address the blog grid. You’ll see what I’m talking about on the demo page for the eleven40 theme:

http://demo.studiopress.com/eleven40/

The homepage displays the full content of the most recent post, and then below that are post excerpts displayed as a two-column grid.

Instead of a two-column grid, I just want shortened posts with “read more” links.

WoodlandCoyote
    Participant

I sent a support ticket for some guidance.

I can easily set the column width of the grid to 100%, and then float both to the left. This gives me the look I’m wanting. But I’d like to know if there’s a better/cleaner option.

I’ll post back here when I hear from them.

jubbling1
    Participant

Any news on this?  I’d like to do the same thing – single column w/full width excerpts under the the full posts at the top of the page.

WoodlandCoyote
    Participant

I try not to depend on lots of plugins, but even the plugins didn’t seem to help.

If you want full-width excerpts, you can adjust the width of the columns in your CSS. Just search for this div and change the percentage to 100%:

`.genesis-grid-even, .genesis-grid-odd {
    width: 100%;
    }`

Cheerios!

jubbling1
    Participant

That’s exactly what I needed.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.