Replace Metric Home Page with Internal Page

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Replace Metric Home Page with Internal Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  neildutton 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jewlicious
    Participant

I have a client, God bless him, with peculiar tastes. He likes the Metric theme but he’d like the home page to be an internal page rather than the standard home page layout.

However, when I go to Settings -> Reading and select “a static page” instead of  “Your latest posts” I get a page that is a Frankenstein-like combination of the original page background and my static content aligned to the left.

What would I have to do in order to make a standard internal page with a sidebar be my home page in Metric? It can’t be that difficult, can it??

Thanks!

Susan

Go ahead and rename your home.php to something else (say “oldhome.php).

Then, remove this from your stylesheet:
    .home #wrap, .home-page #wrap, .blog #wrap {
    background: url(images/wrap.png) top center no-repeat;
    margin: 0 auto 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

.home #inner, .home-page #inner, .blog #inner {
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0;
    }

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

neildutton
    Participant

hello, I’m having the same issue. is there an instruction to “replace with” between those two code snippets please?

neildutton
    Participant

Further to my last post, I have removed both snippets and the page layout is fine – thanks.

BUT!

In doing so I don’t seem to now be able to edit the header colour, which I need green instead of blue! I have uploaded a green PNG file and called it “wrap” to replace the blue one but its not loading up. Is that because I have deleted the wrap instruction to sort out the page layout?

I’d appreciate your assistance sincerely.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.