Replacing the blog title with an image?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Replacing the blog title with an image?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rick4him 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rick4him
    Participant

I’d like to replace the blog title with an image, and leave the tagline there. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

Chris Cree
    Participant

With the Magazine theme you can use the built in WordPress header function. Go to Appearance –> Header and upload your header image there.

It takes an image that is 960px wide by 115px high so your best bet is to create an image that size with your logo placed where you want it in that space, usually off to the left.

rick4him
    Participant

Hey Chris, that would be one huge logo! LOL….

Also that would take the tag line away (which I want to display.)

Here is a link to the logo I would use. I want it small it tight (probably even smaller than what it is now.) I would want the logo to just replace the part that says “Noah’s dad” on the test site.

Chris Cree
    Participant

You don’t have to make your LOGO that size. Just the header image you upload. You can place your logo on a larger image, complete with the tag line using Photoshop, Gimp, or the image editor of your choice.

You can make the header image look however you like, with elelements like your logo, tag line, whatever sized and placed where you want them. For example, my header for Purposely Different has the “logo” along with the tag line on a larger header image.

It just requires you to think about the solution to your problem a little differently is all.

rick4him
    Participant

Thanks Chris. I’m aware of that method, but I don’t think it’s the best way to do it. The tag line is very important to seo for you home page. The way you are suggesting (and have it on your site) is a bad way to do things from an seo perspective. You tag line doesn’t seem to really be trying to rank for certain key phrases so that may not be important to you. However I’m wanting to rank for phrases in my tag line so I would want the actually text to be there as opposed to an image with the text in it. I know you can use alt tags, but that isn’t the same as actually having the text there.  That why I asked the question the way I did.

Thanks for your help however. I really appreciate it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.