Replicating Current Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Replicating Current Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Gonzosan 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Gonzosan
    Participant

Hello All,

So I finally purchased the Genesis theme and decided to try out the Landscape child theme. My website is xenosmash.com, and I wanted to keep a similar look. The landscape theme is fairly similar but cleaner looking but there are some things I’d like to change. Forgive me if this has all been answered before, but the theme “tutorial” only had a few things to get started. If you could link me to any of these topics that have been answered before it would be great. So here are the things I’d like to change:

-Footer Gallery image sizes. Current size of my thumbnails are 400 x 200 or so. The three default sizes don’t work for me.

-How do I get videos into my posts? On my current theme it uses oEmbed so that I can just include a link from Vimeo or Youtube and it automatically shows the actual video in the post. I downloaded the Genesis Media Project plugin, but sadly does not allow you to include them in posts how I have now.

-Is there a way to have a gallery of image thumbnails when someone searches for my videos? Like if someone searches for “animation” I would want it to showcase all the video/image thumbnails of my posts with that tag/category.

-How to I change the “LANDSCAPE” at the top to my custom logo? I know this one is trivial but I couldn’t find a section to do this.

Thank you, I’m just getting started with Genesis and I think it’s a big step up from what I currently have.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Gonzosan.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Gonzosan.
    http://xenosmash.com

Gonzosan
    Participant

Well I figured out how to replace the logo portion. I was watching some of the tutorials last night. I was pleasantly surprised to see only 3 files for the child theme. I like that I can go through the CSS to change plenty in the site. I suppose I need to comb through it to find the footer gallery thumbnail sizes. Also I just realized you can post the link of a video in your post and WordPress will automatically embed it, but the video embed is too small. I like having the wide HD looking video embeds. I think I found a few plugins that work with this but wasn’t sure if there was a simpler way to do all of this. I really don’t want to load up on plugins. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.