Reposition Post Meta under Post Info

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Reposition Post Meta under Post Info

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

anitac
    Participant

I must need more coffee or a drink (I know it’s early EST), but I cannot … for the life of me… find how to reposition the Post-Meta (Category and Tags) under the Post-Info (Author, Date). I know I’ve seen it somewhere… but my Googling is not coming up with it, nor can I find it in the SP Snippets.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Ozzy
    Participant

anitac
    Participant

Right now I am just using the Sample and say for the Blog page and Archive page, I’d rather have it under the Info. I didn’t realize in HTML5 there was a “name change” to Entry Footer. I had already looked here – http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/entry-footer/, but didn’t see how to “reposition” it as they did in say the navigation instructions.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  anitac. Reason: fix type
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  anitac. Reason: fix type

Ozzy
    Participant

yup, there were some hook changes in HTML5. all set now?

braddalton
    Participant

You can add the Post Meta short codes to the post info field using Simple Edits or PHP code.

Then you can remove the post meta using Simple edits, Simple Hooks, CSS or PHP.

Thats not the only way to do it but it works.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant
    add_action( 'genesis_before_entry', 'sk_reposition_post_meta' );
    function sk_reposition_post_meta() {

remove_action( 'genesis_entry_footer', 'genesis_entry_footer_markup_open', 5 );
    	remove_action( 'genesis_entry_footer', 'genesis_entry_footer_markup_close', 15 );
    	remove_action( 'genesis_entry_footer', 'genesis_post_meta' );
    	add_action( 'genesis_entry_header', 'genesis_post_meta', 13 );
    }

anitac
    Participant

Thanks guys! I added Brad’s code before Sridhar added his and it worked! I am bookmarking this for future reference.

braddalton
    Participant

Or you could use this.

[php]
    remove_action( ‘genesis_entry_footer’, ‘genesis_post_meta’ );
    add_action( ‘genesis_entry_header’, ‘genesis_post_meta’, 14 );
    [/php]

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

David Chu
    Participant

Yes,
    “What Brad said”. I derived that by reading my own article, where I published some examples of dealing with the new hooks. I got it to work with a priority of 12. There are so many un-documented “slots” for things to go in with the new HTML5 ARTICLE structure, that one must experiment to find them all.

http://davidchu.net/blog/genesis-2-0-html5-hooks/

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.