Resize Images on Genesis Featured Posts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Resize Images on Genesis Featured Posts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

elioverbey
    Participant

I am trying to resize the Genesis Featured Post Widget image on Minimum Pro theme from 150 by 150, to something smaller, like 75 x 75.

Right now, the images are too large
    Too Big

In my functions.php, I’ve added add_image_size( 'additional-image-size', 75, 75, false ); but every time I select that image size in the widget, it does not work. I end up with larger images.

Larger

Thoughts on how to get the images on the Genesis Featured Post Widget smaller? Using Minimum Pro and Genesis 2.0 – can’t give URL because it’s local.

Let me help you customize your theme, or help your with SEO. Current Sr. SEO Analyst at Worldwide NonProfit
    Visit me here: elioverbey.net | Connect on Twitter

http://local

Anita
    Participant

Open up the functions.php file. Look for:

// Add new image sizes

Under this will be image sizes. Change the one you want or add your new image size there.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

elioverbey
    Participant

I’ve found the line in functions.php…

Added

//* Add new image sizes 
    add_image_size( 'portfolio', 540, 340, TRUE ); 
    add_image_size( 'additional-image-size', 75, 75, TRUE );

And the output does not work. I still get full size images. Those are the only image sizes mentioned in functions.php

Let me help you customize your theme, or help your with SEO. Current Sr. SEO Analyst at Worldwide NonProfit

Anita
    Participant

Where exactly do you have the Featured Post Widget placed? Home page, sidebar?

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

elioverbey
    Participant

The FPW is placed on the front page of the Minimum Pro 3.0 theme.

Thanks so much for the help. Sorry I can’t provide a URL

Anita
    Participant

But in what position? Is it in the Primary Sidebar…. what is the sidebar name?

elioverbey
    Participant

The widget is in the Footer Widget. class="footer-widgets-3"

Anita
    Participant

Can you send a screenshot? Otherwise, I really can’t help when you are working local.

elioverbey
    Participant

Okay…

Featured Post Widget

As you can see, in Footer Widget 3 – I have the Genesis Featured Post Widget. I’d love to reduce the thumbnail sizes to 75px by 75px (or create a new image size)…

Thoughts?

Anita
    Participant

Download, install and run the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin – http://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/.

elioverbey
    Participant

Thank you so much!

Anita
    Participant

I take it that it worked :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.