responsive design / media queries: max width -vs- min width

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks responsive design / media queries: max width -vs- min width

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea Rennick 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jhguynn
    Participant

As I find my way with css and media queries in responsive design, I notice that the media queries in the Enterprise Pro and Executive Pro themes rely on a “maximum width” rather than a “minimum width” construction. I’m curious: why was this choice made?

I watched the following video on Youtube re: responsive design / media queries in which “minimum width” was touted as preferable (for reasons stated herein):

Responsive design and media queries

Note: for the purposes of this question, watch starting at minute 8:15 and onward for about 45 seconds.

PS: for the record, I’m not trying to find fault with the theme designers, I’m just trying to understand media queries and the why & wherefore of their design. Thanks.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  jhguynn.
    • This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  jhguynn.

Susan

As you asked this a while ago, I hope you were able to get it resolved. If not, check back in, and I will escalate it for you.

If it is resolved, please mark it as resolved, and I will close it.

Thanks!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

jhguynn
    Participant

Susan, I have not yet gotten a response to this question and I’d still like to know. Please escalate. Thanks!

Susan

Oh, I see it wasn’t a specific support question, but more of an informational type of “why”. Let’s see if anyone who knows anything has an answer…

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

If you need official answers, you need to file a support ticket.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.