Responsive Slider – Remove Caption Box

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Responsive Slider – Remove Caption Box

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RFB 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

RFB
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m using the responsive slider plugin and on a specific slide I would like to turn off the caption box display. Is ther any code I can add to the genesis-responsive-slider.php file to do this?
    Thanks,
    RFB

Derek
    Participant

You can do it via CSS.

If you view the source code for the page, you’ll see that each slide excerpt has a unique ID. For example, if we use the Studiopress “Agency” theme demo as an example, the excerpt for the third image has the following class: slide-excerpt slide-825

<li style="width: 950px; float: left; display: block;">
    <div class="slide-excerpt slide-825">
    <div class="slide-image">

So we can use a little CSS to simply and quick “hide” that excerpt:

.slide-excerpt.slide-825 {
        display: none;
    }

You’ll just have to figure out what the unique ID is for the excerpt you wish to remove.

Derek Rippe – CSS Artist & Genesis Fanboy @ SynaVista and MediaCairn Design Studio
    Figure out your CSS problems with Firebug | Check out my Custom Comment Form Title plugin

RFB
    Participant

Derek,

Thank you very much. That snipet of code worked perfectly and less than two minutes to do, once you know the ID for the slide-excerpt.

Tip for others, the unique slide-excerpt ID that Derek pointed out is easily found on any Edit Page/Post/Media page.

For example: from the address of the particular Edit Page – http://mydomain.com/WPdirectory/wp-admin/post.php?post=123&action=edit
    The unique ID is 123

RFB

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Responsive Slider – Remove Caption Box’ is closed to new replies.