Responsive Slider Settings -Ascending/Descending

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Responsive Slider Settings -Ascending/Descending

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Riavon 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

genevishgraphics
    Participant

The regular Genesis slider has a setting that you can choose the order of the posts to show – ascending or descending. Why is this missing in the responsive slider? This is going to make it more difficult to customize the order of the slides as I will have to now figure out how to make them in the right order, or if it is even possible with the current settings. I think that the settings available should be the same for each slider plugin.

Riavon
    Participant

Hi, I struggled (for a lonnnnng time) trying to figure out this same dilemma for one of my client sites, so I feel your pain. I even tried to use a plugin Q2W3 Post Order to do it, but that didn’t work to set the order in the Responsive Slider. At the time, I did a lot of research on the old forums trying to find an answer. The only solution, and the one I implemented, was to change the publication date/time of the posts so that they were in the correct order. Huge pain in the arse. But, it worked.

Twitter: @riavonentprises

genevishgraphics
    Participant

Thank you – you see that the other slider has that option – why didnt they implement it with this version? Doesnt make sense to me! Well guess I will be changing the pub dates on 10 slides, ugh!

Riavon
    Participant

Yep, I never used the previous slider, but that is what I learned in my research is that it was possible in the regular slider, which was what really threw a lot of folks who had used the non-responsive slider plugin for a loop. I don’t get why they didn’t do that for the Responsive Slider either. I had to do the publication date thing on 35 posts. So much fun! (not) …

Twitter: @riavonentprises

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.