Responsive Slider – Slow Loading Problem

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Responsive Slider – Slow Loading Problem

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dwzemens 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dwzemens
    Participant

I am developing a custom theme for a client on my local server.  For some reason the responsive slider is quite slow to load, only doing so after the rest of the page has loaded and then “jumping” into it’s position just below the header.  I haven’t experienced this problem before.  Any suggestions on what I might do to avoid this?  Thanks in advance.

1955Design
    Web + WordPress

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

It is hard to say without being able to see it. There might be some other script affecting it.

dwzemens
    Participant

I’ve been on vacation and just saw your post.  I’m developing on a local server, but when I get the site running on a production server I’ll post a link.

1955Design
    Web + WordPress

jeffacubed
    Participant

Folks – if either of you were ever able to pin-point exactly what could be leading/contributing to the ‘responsive slider’ to load so slowly (as in loads after everything else + almost ‘shudders’ into place abruptly…) then that would be swell. I’ve never be able to fully resolve the slow load times with the responsive slider, so was just curious if there were any obvious places to look &/or any scripts that might be interfering with it?

-Jeff

∑ Imagination x Music x Technology

dwzemens
    Participant

Jeff,

I never “resolved” the issue, but for some reason when I switched from a local server to a production server the speed issue speed/load issue resolved itself.

Do you have a link I can take a look at where you are having the problem? I never feel comfortable when a problem resolves itself and I can’t figure out what the issue was.

- David

1955Design
    Web + WordPress

dwzemens
    Participant

Jeff,

For reference here is the production version that I was having difficulty with on a local server:

http://www.stmalachychurch.org/

- David

1955Design
    Web + WordPress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.