Responsive Welcome Widget with Call-To-Action Button

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Responsive Welcome Widget with Call-To-Action Button

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jami Howard Mays
    Participant

I’m working on a modified version of the Legacy Theme, a Genesis Community Theme. It comes with a Welcome Widget on the home page. I’d like to include a call-to-action button within the welcome widget, but I’m having issues with alignment + mobile responsiveness.

I’ve followed the steps on this post and have changed the style accordingly.

/* Color Buttons
    ———————————————————— */

.cta-button {
    color: #332012 !important;
    padding: 5px 10px;
    }

.cta-button:hover {
    text-decoration: none;
    }

.cta-button {
    background-color: #97D2AE;
    border: 1px solid #97D2AE;
    }

.cta-button:hover {
    background-color: #DAE19E;
    border: 1px solid #DAE19E;
    }

The issue I’m running into is that the main text in the welcome widget uses header text and only has a brief bit of text, so the CTA button aligns with the bottom of the text message. I’ve tried adjusting the margins/padding and have been unable to move it around at all.

So, I thought I’d go old-school and just use divs in the widget itself to generate columns, which looked better on a full screen, but didn’t adjust on a mobile device nicely — just kept the two columns and smooshed them so that they fit vertically, making them hard to read.

Is this a pipe dream? Can I use traditional divs AND make them responsive so that they adjust on top of one another on a mobile device?

http://4newgrowth.com/preview

Thanks in advance!

Jami Howard Mays, HBIC, Imaj Works | Athens, Georgia

AC
    Blocked

You might want to post this message also over on the Appfinite.com support board. Wes, the developer is really good at responding quickly to things pertaining to his themes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.